Search This Blog

Trendy Knitting Patterns from me, to you...

Lovingly designed by me, for you...

polka dot

polka dot

Friday, February 11, 2011

Mush Boots KNITTING PATTERN


Mush Boots Knitting Pattern
$7.95






Details

Please note that this listing is for a KNITTING PATTERN only, not the finished product.
There is no shipping charge on this item as it is a PDF file.
The pattern will be e-mailed to you within 24 hours of purchase, to the e-mail address linked to you PayPal account.

This warm, felted wool boot pattern was inspired by my Canadian winters. Boots are so in fashion this winter, and I wanted a pair of boots to match the One Button Baby Boots I made for my daughter. You can find my One Button Baby Boots by following this link.

Sizing:
Pattern accommodates U.S./Can. Women’s shoe sizes 6-9.

Finished length in inches: 9” (9½”, 9¾”, 10”)
Finished length in centimeters: 22.9 (24.1, 24.8, 25.4)

Materials:
•MC: 328yd (300m) Worsted Weight 100% felt-able yarn for boot bodies
•CC: 175yd (160m) Worsted Weight 100% felt-able yarn for soles and top band
•U.S. size 7 (4.5mm) circular needles
•U.S. size 7 DPNs (optional)
•darning needle
•stitch marker
•6 - 1 ¼” buttons of choice
•4 beads of choice for optional braided tie-strap.

Gauge: 16 sts and 36 rows = 4 inches in garter stitch

Sample Shown Using:
MC: Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool in shade 150-200 (Oak Tweed)
CC: Patons Classic Wool in shade 00230 (Bright Red) for soles
CC: Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool in shade 150-123 (Oatmeal) for top band

Description:
Such a fun project to make! This pattern was designed for the adventurous beginner or intermediate level knitter. It is all knit in garter stitch, and the pattern provides lots of details, and does not assume that you're an expert knitter. It has many high definition photos to guide you through the knitting process. These boots are then felted to size (Women's U.S. size 6-9).

Some video tutorials are available under the "Help" tab at the top of this page.
If you've never done any felting before, it's a fast and easy process, so don't be intimidated.
Detailed felting instructions are found within the pattern to take you step by step.

© 2011 ~Lise-Anne Michel ~ Pick n’ Knit Patterns
Please respect copyright laws. You cannot resell my patterns or any finished products you knit from them as they are copyrighted by me.

Enjoy and thank you for looking!

5 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I really love how these look, being from northern Minnesota I know how cold it can get. I was wondering how difficult this pattern is. I have really only scarves and I'm working on my first pair of mittens right now. Is this something a beginner can make?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of the techniques within the pattern are a bit more advanced, but I have had many adventurous beginners knit them. I would recommend watching the tutorial videos above that go through a few of the more complicated techniques to see how comfortable you feel with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lise-Anne, I really do love this pattern very much. I want to make the boots for a larger women's foot (size 10-11). Which parts of the pattern do I need to modify to gain length in the boot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you love them! There is quite a bit of math involved to truly adapt the pattern, but you could lengthen the sole and just add stitches on either side of the uppers to accommodate the changes. Another option would be to use thicker yarn and / or bigger needles, and then just measure / try on frequently during the felting process, and make sure to stop felting them when they reach the correct length. I find that because they are felted, it’s a pretty flexible pattern, but I would definitely suggest altering it somewhat as you knit as well, as I mentioned above. Good luck :)

      Delete
    2. thanks Lise-Anne! I'll use my best judgment with the math calculations and see what happens.

      Delete