Search This Blog

Trendy Knitting Patterns from me, to you...

Lovingly designed by me, for you...

polka dot

polka dot

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Woolmine Feature...



Tracy Kuffner is an amazing artist that lives not too far from where I grew up, in the beautiful Alberta prairies!  My sister and I took our kids to visit her sheep farm near Brooks Alberta a few years ago now, and that was my first real introduction to felting.  Although we have different methods, we both share a passion for fibre, and I think Tracy is one of the most talented fibre artists I have ever seen!  She is amazing, and the sky's the limit to what she can accomplish with felt!  Tracy has 150 sheep and a handful of llamas, and has been a feltmaker for 11 years.  Here are some of her beautiful creations...






The most unique thing that Tracy has done with her talent is to write children's books, with...get this...100% hand felted illustrations.  Her latest book was on my wish list for Christmas last year, and I am proud to say that I now own all three of her beautiful books (shown below), and my kids just can't get enough of them.  You can purchase your own copies from Tracy's website or her Etsy Store.




Here's a sneak peak of some of her beautiful illustrations:




Tracy, YOU'RE AMAZING!!!  Wanna learn how Tracy does it???  She teaches adult workshops, as well as doing school programs, fieldtrips, craft and art shows.  Find out more here.  

You can also check out her fun photo tutorial below on how to felt...



No comments:

Post a Comment