Search This Blog

Trendy Knitting Patterns from me, to you...

Lovingly designed by me, for you...

polka dot

polka dot

Friday, January 6, 2017

A little New Years Wood Art...

Wow, another new year!  Time flies when you're having fun!  I don't know if I'm ever gonna get this blog thing down, but I wish I could because I've got so many cool things I want to share!!!  December was like a trance of projects for me.  We did a homemade Christmas this year, so Jordan, the kids and myself have been busy little elves getting everything done.  It was a ton of fun and I will be posting pictures soon!  In preparation for our homemade Christmas, Jord and I took a little trip to Maui, which was the perfect little calm before our crazy December storm ;) Posts will be coming with our trip pics too...but in the meantime...here's a little sneak peak at my current work in progress...




My brother in law gave me these three super sweet planks of wood a while back that he had sitting around in his shop.  I've had a few ideas brewing up in my mind for a while, but was having a hard time pulling the trigger and starting this project because I didn't want to ruin such beautiful wood!  I love love LOVE that there's bark still on these, and my front room has a few bare walls that need filling.  My theme in said front room is "Aztec chic"...with a little bit of rustic charm.  Not a real theme you say?!?  Well, then I'm a pioneer I guess, but I like it ;) Anywho, I finally worked up the courage to go down to the hardware store and buy some stain today (English Chestnut by Minwax).  I took a deep breath and stained the wood!  SOOO glad I did.  I like it even better than before (which I guess is the point, so good job me).  Anyways, I sketched out a feather last night that I'm going to hand paint on as soon as the stain is dry, and then voila, we'll hang er' up!  Yay!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment