Search This Blog

Trendy Knitting Patterns from me, to you...

Lovingly designed by me, for you...

polka dot

polka dot

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Dustin's Pizza Crust...

So here is my brother's famous pizza crust recipe.  This one is a must try!  I wish you could smell it right now!  I love this one because you can do what you want with it...it's just a great base.  This time I made mine 2/3 whole wheat, to be a little healthier.  You can easily do it 100% whole wheat, but I grind my own flour and find it a little too dense.  If you buy whole wheat flour from the store, have-atter...

1 1/2 cups warm water
1 T yeast
1 t sugar
1 t salt
3 cups flour
2 T vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Mix all ingredients into a large bowl until it looks like dough.  Knead over a lightly floured surface for 10 minutes.  Spread over greased pizza pan.  Let rise for 10 minutes.  Precook 10 minutes tops.  Cook 10-15 minutes.  Serves.  Makes 2 pizza crusts.

Now here's for the toppings:

You can go with your standard pepperoni and cheese (which my kids and husband love)...

So, when we don't have mozzarella, I use cheddar.  It's yummy too...

Or, you could mix it up a bit.  Here's what I put on my pizza...



So, here I have tomatoes, mushrooms, green onions, orange peppers, slightly steamed asparagus, feta and cheddar cheeses, and of course a little italian seasoning to top it off.  Yum!!!

If you're wanting to mix it up and have something the whole family loves, our family favorite is BBQ chicken.  Instead of marinara sauce, I mix ranch and BBQ sauce together for the base, then cook my chicken strips in a frying pan with a little more BBQ sauce.  You can leave it at that or add mushrooms, tomatoes, or whatever other toppings you like. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment