Search This Blog

Trendy Knitting Patterns from me, to you...

Lovingly designed by me, for you...

polka dot

polka dot

Monday, October 29, 2012

Just a little update...

Just wanted to update you all on me and my life, and maybe fill you in on why I've been such a slowpoke lately.  I've had quite a few inquiring e-mails wondering why my child and adult sizes for my Sherpa Boots pattern have not been released yet, and well...I wish I had a better excuse to give you all, but I just have not been feeling so great as of late.  I am now 36 weeks pregnant and my blood pressure has gone extremely low, so I've had a tough time concentrating on much, as my head is usually spinning.  That, along with my extreme sciatic nerve pain, and I've been a little out of commission the last few weeks.  I'm told sciatic nerves can hurt more with each pregnancy, and I testify to the truth of that.  This is pregnancy #4 for me, and I've never felt anything quite like it.  Anyway, enough complaining...

I'll share a few happy pictures that I've been going through lately because of the Halloween season and all.  Here are some past Halloweens with my cute little kidlets:




This was the year of the elephant and the peanut.  I loved these costumes.  This was also when my little peanut was just given the clear after 4 extensive surgeries on his kidneys (you can read the full story here if you like) and all his tubes and bags had just been removed, so looking at these pictures brings back a lot of tender feelings of gratitude for a healthy, happy little boy!  The elephant was a bit of an annoying costume, because the trunk placement on this costume was really not very well thought out, but if you know this boy and his love of elephants like I do, you would know that he wouldn't have had it any other way.  What a great pair they make!


Next up are the turtle, the tiger and the halloween fairy.  Oh yes, and I am a fortune teller.  I know this photo doesn't bring the full effect, but let me paint a picture for you.  Every year at our church we have a halloween party, as well as a "trunk or treat", where all the young kids get to go around the parking lot from trunk to trunk (hence the name) and essentially trick or treat quite efficiently and in a timely manner.  Great for the littles and their parents to avoid being out in the cold for too long.  This year there was also prizes for the best decorated trunk.  I really tried hard this year and set up a table with a glowing crystal ball, and told each child their fortune as they came to get their candy.  Anyway, in the end there was a go-getter who parked right beside us in a hearse, complete with coffin, cobwebs and dry ice.  Needless to say, I did not win, but it was fun nonetheless...


Pumpkins of the past...


And, my favourite super hero...


I loved this costume!!!  He told me he wanted to be Super man, and I thought the costumes in the store were just not accurate enough, so I went ahead and made one myself.  The whole thing was made from things we had around the house too, and when something is free, I am always that much more fond of it.

And as you can see, it has been a beloved costume ever since, often being brought out and worn by siblings.  Here is my little Super Woman (I feel a need to specify that she is indeed a girl, as this picture does not scream femininity):


Finally, this year, we have the famous Super Mario Brothers, and a beautiful Princess Bride.  I tried to convince the youngest that she should be Princess Peach, so that they could go as a matching trio, but alas, there is no rationalizing with a 2 year old.  I think her costume is darling anyway!






And yes, I know that it is not yet halloween, but we had our church halloween party this past Friday, so they get to wear their costumes twice this year.  As much as I wanted to make all their costumes this year, I ended up cracking under the pressure and just buying them.  I did manage to muster up knitting 2 pairs of Mario and Luigi Gloves and made a veil for my princess, so I figure that's better than nothing!

As for myself, I went as a witch.  Not as original as I would have liked, but it was the stretchiest costume I could find to fit over my swollen belly!  Unfortunately, when a person is so often behind the camera, they forget to get pictures of themselves, so I haven't yet captivated this moment in time for you all.  I think the closest thing I have is a couple of shots taken on my phone in the change room at the store...


I will try to remember to take some more photos on the "real" halloween.  

Anyway, that's all for now.  Happy Halloween everyone!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment