Search This Blog

Trendy Knitting Patterns from me, to you...

Lovingly designed by me, for you...

polka dot

polka dot

Monday, July 17, 2023

FREE PATTERN! Soft Baby Ring Toy

These rings are so fun! I made them for my 3 month old, who is just starting to swing at things and grasp toys, but my older kids are honestly loving them too. They are a great fidget toy, I'm thinking I'll be taking them to church with us to provide a quiet activity that helps my kids sit still. What's great about these, is that rather than creating continuous loops that are permanently attached to each other, I added snaps so that you can manipulate them into multiple shapes. It's super fun to see what you can come up with! I will write the pattern out here, but I also will add a link to a youtube video I put together for those who would prefer to follow a video.

Soft Baby Ring Toy Crochet Pattern: 

Supplies Needed: 
  • 3.5mm crochet hook 
  • worsted weight yarn 
  • polyfill 
  • plastic snaps 
  • sewing thread to match each yarn colour (for sewing on snaps) 

Make a slip knot and ch 6

R1: sc into 5 sts, beginning at second ch from hook, turn and sc into same 5 sts on the opposite side (10 sts) 

Continue by working a sc into all 10 sts around for 45 rounds or until your ring measures 10", filling with polyfil every few rounds as you go. 

I like to stuff the ends a little less firmly, where you will be sewing on the snaps. 

Work a couple more sc sts until you reach the edge (to match your beginning end). 

Pinch the end closed and finish by working 5 sc sts through the 2 sts (front and back of ring) at once. 

FO and weave in ends. 

Securely sew on snaps using matching sewing thread. Remember this is a baby toy, so sew those snaps on extra well. I prefer to use plastic snaps for baby toys. 

Repeat for as many rings as desired and enjoy all the fun ways you can play with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment